What is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda is a natural way of curing one's illness. It has been practiced in India for more than 5,000 years. According to Ayurveda, a human body is made up of 5 elements, i.e. air, water, fire, earth and space. Every person consists of these five elements, but in different proportions. Ayurveda further categorizes these dimensions in 3 DOSHAS:
1. Kapha: Relates to water and earth elements
2. Vata: Relates to air and ether elements
3. Pitta: Relates to fire and water elements
According to Ayurveda, whenever there is a disparity between these five elements, a person tends to fall ill, but when these elements are put back together via Ayurvedic treatment, it helps cure ailments. Ayurveda identifies the disparity between the elements in different Doshas and accordingly treats the person.
Benefits of Ayurveda:
Ayurveda covers the treatment of various ailments relating to digestive, inflammatory, hormonal and autoimmune conditions including cancer, blood pressure problems, cholesterol, asthma, herpes, etc.
There are many benefits of the Ayurvedic treatment like:
1. Ayurveda has no proven side effects as it focuses on a natural means to cure an ailment.
2. In recent times, there has been an increase in the stress and anxiety levels of people due to varied reasons. Ayurveda pertains to treat stress and anxiety via natural means.
3. The imbalance in the metabolism of a person is another problem that has an excellent treatment in Ayurveda. It helps lower the inflammation in the body, thus improving the metabolism.
4. Ayurveda helps cure insomnia, which is a common problem amongst teenagers. Reasons for Insomnia can be a combination of various issues like watching a lot of TVs, late and heavy dinners, using an excess amount of the phone, etc. Ayurveda can help a person have a sound sleep.
5. Ayurveda is a shift in the lifestyle of one’s life, inclining towards a more natural means to keep the five elements of the body in accordance to stay healthy.
6. Ayurveda helps one to stay peaceful and increase their efficiency.
Medical tourism for Ayurveda in India
Ayurveda treatment in India is renowned as it has its roots in India, and has been followed for over thousands of years. There are many Ayurveda practitioners and institutions all over India, curing people by spreading awareness about natural techniques and healthy ways to stay fit and fine.
Ayurveda is practiced throughout India without barriers. Some of the most famous Ayurvedic centers in India are:
1. Somatheeram Ayurveda Resort, Kerala - Website
2. Devaaya, The Ayurveda and Nature Cure Centre, Goa - Website
3. Kairali Ayurvedic Health Village, Kerala - Website
4. Ananda in the Himalayas, Uttarakhand - Website
5. The Leela, Udaipur - Website
There is a Department of Ayurveda, Yoga, and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homoeopathy, abbreviated as AYUSH, which a governmental body instituted for the purpose of spreading awareness about Ayurveda, educating people about it and developing traditional Indian medicines to cure different ailments by natural means.
Besides these centers, India boasts of countless other Ayurvedic centers in different parts of the country, and for the people who yearn for a more in-depth study of the science, Haridwar is another gem of a place. In Haridwar, one can easily find roots & shrubs from the Himalayas that are said to work wonders on the humanity.
Last few words
Ayurveda has been considered as an alternative medicine in India since times immemorial. It is not only a myth, but it has proven records of curing people naturally and aiding them in leading long and stress-free lives. It is considered as the other side of yoga which is medically inclined. It has been said to be the natural healing system in India and with good reason.